Thea in Bullet Points…
It was back in 1995, when I built my first website (in notepad, from scratch). Since then, I’ve never been far from working with websites in one capacity or another but below are some other bullet points on my career timeline – so far.
Here’s a list of the main career points to date:
- First commercial radio presenting job at Q96 in Paisley 1992.
- Co-founded a music magazine Bigwig in the ’90s.
- Wrote and published an 80s music trivia book ’98.
- Worked as a copy editor & web designer, and later went on to launch soyouvebeendumped.com on July 4, 2000.
- Started blogging circa 2004.
- Around 2010 became a customer service manager – then morphed into the digital content manager at NSDesign.
- Started delivering training on behalf of NS – starting with Business Gateway in Renfrewshire and West Dunbartonshire. Later training and workshops moved further afield, across Scotland and sometimes delivering workshops via Highlands and Islands Enterprises.
- Moving on from “all eggs in one basket” – became a sort of Social Media Trainer for hire, (or a “supply teacher”), deliver training on behalf of Postable Ltd and Lesley Wood’s LMW Consulting – to name just two!
- Speaker at Business Gateway’s Women in Business – WIB (March 2014).
- Social Media Trainer Glasgow Chamber of Commerce (various dates).
- November 1, 2014, began selling 3D Fiber Lash Mascara and more when I became a Younique Presenter & Sponsor in Glasgow Scotland! Sponsored more than 40 Youniques globally.
- In December 2018, after several years of delivering designated Canva half day workshops around Scotland, became officially “Certified” as a Canva ambassador.
Trained to degree level in Broadcasting (Communications), I presented weekly radio shows on Q96, ScotFM, L107 on most recently on Radio Six International (radiosix.com). Also been an occasional contributor to radio shows like BBC Radio Scotland’s Mac & Co and Call Kaye, and have made appearances on STV’s Scotland Tonight show. I would have to say that RADIO is my joy…in particular new music shows.
MUSIC IS MY FIRST “TRUE LOVE”
Finally, I’d say I am super passionate about music – particularly Indie and Acoustic, but a lover all sorts of music. Love tracking down New Music on Amazon, on Soundcloud and Itunes too! There are over 42000 songs in my Amazon Cloud – with new songs being added daily.